LEAN Leader Skills Development Programme
Rapidly upskill your teams with our 3-month Lean Leader programme consisting of 8 days formal training with built-in 1:1 coaching throughout!
About this Programme
Our 3-month skills development programme is intended to engage, educate and empower your leaders to enable your business to grow more effectively and deliver on your ‘Operational Excellence’ ambitions.
We target key operational challenges, including:
- Creating Business Agility
- Cost Effective Growth
- Increasing Productivity
- Becoming Customer Focused
- Developing a Pro-Active Environment
- Developing an Innovation Hub
- Increasing Quality Levels
- Improving Velocity
What topics are covered?
- An introduction to the LEAN Implementation Framework
- Strategy Deployment
- Introduction to 5S Concepts
- Process Mapping
- Waste Identification Techniques
- Introduction to Workload Management
- 3C’s (Team based Practical Problem Solving)
- Root Cause Analysis
Who should attend?
This programme is intended for any leaders within the business who will have a responsibility for leading significant change activity across your business.
They may be a direct line manager, a department head or even a team leader, the key is their access to work with others to influence change.
What are the outcomes?
By the end of this programme your leaders will be able to:
- Develop detailed plans to transform your strategic objectives into executable work
- Set and maintain good process standards, baseline performance and apply a continuous improvement cycle to align performance to changing customer needs
- Map your processes and identify waste opportunities, quantify and prioritize them based on impact value, as well as develop effective countermeasures
- Design and implement effective workload management systems that will improve productivity whilst preventing overburden of your people
- Develop strong cultural foundations that will support effective growth and a positive mental health environment
- Effectively lead necessary change from within your business and deliver sustainable success
- Develop an innovative environment where the entire workforce is actively involved in practical problem solving
This programme currently delivers an average of
4 x ROI per delegate
What is included?
Practical 'hands on' Training
We believe that people learn best by doing!
It is only when you apply your learning to real-world scenarios that important questions begin to surface. That is why 80% of our class time is focused on practical application of the tools & techniques. This allows for continuous Q&A throughout and ensures that teachings are properly embedded.
We provide extensive ‘theory’ material and ready to use templates for post training support and easy education of other team members.
Our digital reference library ensures you have access to all the latest updates and we actively encourage you to share your new found knowledge with your teams!
All delegates will have support to develop their own personal action plan during the course.
This plan will detail the specific actions each delegate will take to deliver a ‘Quick Win’ for their business on their return to the office.
We want to ensure your business gains real, tangible benefit from your investment in LEAN skills training for your people. Therefore, we always include 1:1 follow up coaching calls as standard to help support delegates deliver those initial wins and plan their next steps.
For our LEAN Leader Skills Development Programme in particular, the coaching forms a vital part in ensuring delegates can return significant value back to their business at the end of the 3 month period.
Training during COVID-19
We are closely following the Scottish government's guidelines for working safely and responsibly as we continue to provide our training and coaching services to both existing and new clients.
What we teach has not changed. However, to ensure the safety and well-being of both our clients and trainers we have had to adapt 'how' we teach.
This change currently impacts our public training offering where the risk of any possible transmission of the virus could be higher. It is for this reason that we have temporarily suspended all of our public training courses.
Instead, we are focusing on company exclusive in-house training and would request that you contact us directly to discuss your specific training options during this time. This way we can ensure that we follow strict guidelines and remain COVID-19 secure, protecting all parties involved.
Delivery of any training will be dependent on the suitability of the business premises, and our ability to confidently demonstrate adherence to the Scottish government's guidelines for safe and responsible practices, including physical distancing.
This does, however, mean that in some circumstances we may not be able to provide you with face to face training at this time.
If this is the case, then we can still offer support to you virtually, if appropriate, until such a time that restrictions are lifted, and we can resume standard face to face training again.